If you couldn't find it here..

Search for tips in our other blogs

12 May 2011

Data Roaming Warning When Changing Phones

Many of us are pretty cluey about how to avoid getting punished by the phone company for rogue data charges. In my case, I get slugged when my 3 connection goes roaming. Some of the things that I make sure on my phone phone is that I do not allow my phone to check emails when roaming. However, when you switch phones, it's easy to drop your guard. Your new touchscreen phone with widgets keep downloading updates from news sites that you will never read, using your internet connection whether or not you are roaming. So this is just a short post to remind everyone to watch their bills and be careful what your phone is doing behind your back.

So what inspired this post? Receiving my 3 phone bill after using a trial phone and discovering a little surprise in my roaming charges.

No comments:

Post a Comment